- City of Albuquerque Tribal Recognition Ordinance (2019 ordinance establishing govt-to-govt relationship formalized and established the Commission on American Indian and Alaska Native Affairs – First such law in the nation.)
- Municipality of Anchorage – Native Village of Eklutna Government to Government Relations Ordinance (2021 ordinance establishing govt-to-govt relationship – Second such law in the nation.)
- Sitka Tribe – City and Borough of Sitka MOU (1998)
- Qawalangin Tribe – City of Unalaska MOU (2020)
Reference Materials and Websites
Other reports, materials, and websites
- Alaska Federation of Natives Resolution in support of the Rural Governance Commission
- “Ending Violence so Children Can Thrive,” a report by the U.S. Attorney General’s Advisory Committee on American Indian/Alaska Native Children Exposed to Violence. November 2014.
- Millennium Agreement between the Federally Recognized Sovereign Tribes of Alaska and the State of Alaska
- Memorandum of Agreement between the State of Alaska and Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, August 2014
- Memorandum of Agreement between the State of Alaska, Microsoft Corporation, and Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, October 2014 – Annex No. 1
- Indian Law and Order Commission – Indian Law & Order Commission, Chapter 2: Reforming Justice for Alaska Natives: The Time is Now.
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Alaskan Village Justice: An Exploratory Study, John Angell for the Criminal Justice Planning Agency Governor’s Commission on the Administration of Justice State of Alaska.
- Alaska Natives Commission: Final Reports, Volumes I, II, III.
- Report of Alaska Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Fairness and Access (1997)and status update
- Achieving Alaska Native Self-Governance: Toward Implementation of the Alaska Natives Commission Report.
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples, James Anaya, The situation of indigenous peoples in the United States of America (with a special section on Alaska)
- “Maze of Injustice” report by Amnesty International on the failure to protect Indigenous women from sexual violence in the USA.
- Legislators’ Guide to State-Tribal Relations (2013)
- Alaska Rural Justice and Law Enforcement Commission
- University of Alaska Anchorage Justice Center (includes links to Alaska Justice Forum, a publication that regularly addresses issues of justice in Alaska)
- Alaska Native Justice Center